Monday, November 3, 2008

Baby Blues


Motherhood is a series of ups and downs. One minute you're elated that you have a little person in which you can see your own traits and charcteristics. The next minute, you're longing for the freedom and energy you had before you concieved. Sometimes your babe wakes you up at 4am and screams "up! up!" until you get him out of his crib so he can...play. Sometimes there is no pleasing him. Sometimes he pulls out all of the pots, pans, and dishes out of the cupboards and screams at you if you try to stop him. But sometimes...when you are crying, he'll come over to you quietly and wrap his little arms around your neck, as if he knows you are very upset. He dances in the car to Rusted Root. He figures out toys for babies over half his age. He makes funny faces to get a laugh. He dances on command. You can tell that he absolutley loves life and loves to play and explore. And those are the moments when I look at his blue eyes...and the baby blues don't seem to have a chance of getting hold of me.

3 comments:

Lizzie Lou said...

I just found your blog... I love it! You are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Love this picture! This is exactly the kind of thing I was thinking about when I told you about doing some abstract pictures of Eric and I, except we, as adults, won't get such great looks as little Nicco captures! ~Alexis Dumbaugh

joey kennedy said...

OmG! I love these shots of him!